Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Pink Stamper Design Team Challenge!!!

Okay, yes, I decided to do it!  New to the blogging community and all!  Robyn from My Pink Stamper is having a challenge for two spots on her design team.

She stated:
You must have a blog--CHECK
Not be on a conflict of interest design team--CHECK, never been on one!
Project must be new and just for this challenge--CHECK
Cricut--CHECK
Make a project with PINK, GREEN, BROWN and a color of your choice...

I ended up using BLUE and PURPLE for my other color choices...hope that's okay...

Here we go!
 I used my new Green Cricut Expression to cut the turtle, from Four Legged Friends, at 2" with green, purple, and brown DCWV cardstock and Colorbok pink glitter paper.  
I used the Classic Font cartridge to cut Shake Your Shell at 1".  
I did something a little crazy for a beginner, I guess, to cut the phrase.  I put a 3.5" X 5.5" piece of blue paper on my mat and used CDS to weld each letter together within the frame of the paper (I know you can put a rectangle on the screen but I didn't bother finding a rectangle on a cartridge to use...I probably should have...) 
This is what I got on my first cut!  Yay, me!
Then I put the blue paper onto my brown card that's 4" X 6" and had to glue all the little inside cuts into the right spots.  It was really fun to do, but you can't really see the technique from the picture.
I think it would be really fun to be on a Design Team.  I think it would put my creativity to the test!
Go ahead...I know you want to...Shake Your Shell!!!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck in the challenge! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that is DARLING! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh! i picked that cart up at BF! time to use it! TFS!

    Good Luck! I hope you check out mine at
    http://sweetsassydiva-gspot.blogspot.com

    I am enjoying all the variety and creativity!

    Great way to start the year!

    We are doing a blog hop tomorrow and there will be some yummy blog candy along the way! I hope you can stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! Good luck!!! :-)
    -Sam :-)

    p.s. I'm a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sentiment - we could all do with a little more shell shakin. Good Luck on the DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG so cute and love the "Shake Your Shell" sentiment LOL!!!I'm now your newest follower and excited to see your creations in 2011. Stop by my blog anytime to say hi and check out my blog:) Good Luck on the DT Challenge!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete