Saturday, January 1, 2011

First Time Blogger!

Yeah, I'm a little pathetic I guess...I have wanted to create a blog for a while, but finally decided to bite the bullet and do it today.  I've not been paper crafting for very long, but it seems to be taking over my mind a lot lately, so maybe having a blog will help drive me to make some of the projects I just think about!  Here's a bit about how I came to paper crafting.

I have made many cakes for people in the past year, and one day I saw the Cricut Cake...yes, Provocraft, you had me at Hello!

This thing was amazing!  I knew of the Cricut machines but never knew it could help me make cakes.  I have very few cookie cutter things and this machine seemed to be heaven sent to cut anything I could ever want it to.  So, yes, I twisted my, then, fiance's hand and got one.  I waited a few months after the release and read many reviews about how awesome and horrible this machine was, but once I got mine I was a kid in a candy store!!!  I was afraid I was going to get frustrated and angry after hours of trial and error, but I made good cuts after about two tries!

After seeing how easy it was to cut with a Cricut, I begged my sister to let me borrow her baby paper bug, so I could practice with paper--much less mess and time.  OMG!  Yes, I said it!  How did I not give this thing a chance when my sister first bought it!  It was wonderful!  You just press what you want and cut...I'm sure you know all of this, but really, I didn't!

So about six months have passed since I got my first Provocraft product, the Cricut Cake, and discovered paper crafting with a borrowed baby bug and I'm hooked.  My mother bought me a Green Cricut Expression from Wal-Mart's Black Friday sale for Christmas and I'm loving every minute of it!

With-in these six months I've also discovered the Make-the-Cut program and have used it just as much, if not more, than Cricut's Design Studio, and have recently found Lettering Delights through Under A Cherry Tree's blog.  Her blog is really great, and I can't wait to buy some of the SVGs on Lettering Delights to try with MTC.

I'm hoping to post a variety of crafts on this page...I've not tried a lot with my Cricut yet, but I have a lot of cake photos I can post to maybe fill out this blog on slow crafting weeks.

I'm also wanting to post a blog for My Pink Stamper's Design Team before Wednesday...more about that if I actually do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment